I live for My Chemical Romance and meeting them was the best day of my life. Gerard is my idol. I'm also a Lost freak and devoted lover of Charlie Pace and Ben Linus.
I love tattoos and Camden Town, Edie Sedgwick and Rome.
The photo I had taken with Henry Ian Cusick at the weekend. And the ‘Desmond and Penny’ photo I made from it using a picture of the actual harbour I took in Hawaii.
New Lost tattoos. Man of Science, Man of Faith. Jack and Locke. (Taken with Instagram)
Just got one of those tattoos that will never look good in photos. Assassin’s Creed. (Taken with Instagram)
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted."
The ‘Welcome To The Black Parade’ video just came on TV. I’ve not seen it in ages and it just made me so happy. It took me right back to when I first seriously got into My Chemical Romance and just made me feel so grateful. That was 6 years ago now and I still remember hearing the single on the Scott Mills show when I was driving back from work one day when I lived in Coventry. I knew who MCR were but had never really got into them, but I heard that song and everything changed. Literally in that instant I fell in love. When the album was released I bought it and put it on while I did a pile of ironing and said out loud “This is the album I’ve waited my whole life to hear, I wish I’d had this when I was a teenager”. I was going through a hard time with quite bad depression at the time and finding MCR got me through the last 6 months or so of living in Coventry. Every Wednesday I’d drive to Borders to buy Kerrang! and see what other magazines they were in because they were constantly on the cover at that time, those little trips kept me going for another week. Within a week of hearing all their music I had MCR tattooed on my wrist. I spent a fortune I really didn’t have on merchandise and gig tickets and I’d never been so happy. I got into Buzznet in a massive way because it was the go to place for all MCR news back then and little did I know it would lead to a career in social media. I’ve got so much to thank that band for and I’m thankful I got the chance to meet them. It’s weird the emotions watching one music video can stir up, I really did just jump back in time 6 years. I’ve come a long way in that time and I know they’ve made that journey just a tiny bit easier for me.
One of my wedding photos.
Bob just answered my question about his banana rack on ebay. Immediate response. I don’t care how sad this makes me look, I’m over the bloody moon!
I framed him :)
2011 was a pretty good one for me. My highlights?
1) Getting married. Every little girl dreams of a perfect wedding and mine really was perfect. There’s no more to say. It was a dream come true.
2) My honeymoon. Not only was Hawaii the most stunning place on earth but we stayed in the stunning, and very pink, Royal Hawaiian Hotel. To top it off we went on two amazing Lost tours. All the Ben related stuff made my year, and visiting Dharmaville was a dream come true. I even brought back some shells from the beach.
3) MCR at Reading. I’d never been to a festival before and the thought of rolling around in the dirt with a bunch of drunk, stoned and stinking idiots has always put me off ever going to one. But MCR headlining Reading?! Count me in. I stood on the same spot for 12 hours solid to watch my heroes perform the gig of their lives. I cried, I cheered and I had the time of my life. Even though I went on my own I really felt a part of something that day.
4) Seeing some old favourites. I don’t get in to new music that easily but I can watch my favourite bands time and time again. It was sad to see Frank Carter leave Gallows but I got to see his last show and it was great to see the band perform with their new singer, Wade. Also, after a very long break I had a fantastic time seeing The Ordinary Boys again and finally getting a photo with Preston. I’d forgotten how much I love that band.
I only have a couple of resolutions for 2012:
1) No alcohol.
2) No smoking.
3) Eat healthy, less snacking.
Wrapped up warm on my sofa, writing music reviews and waiting for my shopping to be delivered. Rock and roll! Later I make mince pies!
I’m staying away from the POI tag until I’ve watched it. Downloading now. I have to do a full day at work then I’ll run home, make a nice cup of tea, grab a blanket and watch in peace. I literally cannot wait!
Things that have excited me today, despite being tired, stressed and in pain:
1) The realisation that I only have to wait a couple more days until Person of Interest is on.
2) MCR on Yo Gabba Gabba. For a second I thought they were in skirts. I’m glad they weren’t. But it’s adorable and what every father should do for their daughter if they can.
3) Adam taking care of me by cooking dinner, making me a hot water bottle and running me a bath :)
It’s always nice to get tweets.
The best day ever happened a year ago today, I met My Chemical Romance with Adam before their Hammersmith gig. I was so lucky that Pat Pope, the photographer that day was snapping way so I have more than just the normal group shot with them.
I’ll never forget how fabulous that day way. It was a dream come true and I was a nervous wreck.